Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ebbe Ebbe is offline

Default Problems using tables to format a formular

Hi
I have 2 major problems when I try to adjust the cells in a table to fit
into a ready printed formular.

1)
Dragging "wall" of a cell is not done smoothly. The vertical line jumps in
irregular steps. Is it possible to make a setup, so that I am free to drag
the vertical lines in as small distance as I like?

2)
Often I discovers that dragging in one cell-wall (vertical line) causes
other vertical lines to move un wanted and sometimes the line flips back as
soon as I release the mouse button. How can I avoid these effects?

On beforehand: Thanks

Ebbe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Luc Luc is offline

Ebbe,
Have you tried dragging the cell whilst holding down the Alt key. That
should give you some control.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
Hi
I have 2 major problems when I try to adjust the cells in a table to fit
into a ready printed formular.

1)
Dragging "wall" of a cell is not done smoothly. The vertical line jumps in
irregular steps. Is it possible to make a setup, so that I am free to drag
the vertical lines in as small distance as I like?

2)
Often I discovers that dragging in one cell-wall (vertical line) causes
other vertical lines to move un wanted and sometimes the line flips back
as soon as I release the mouse button. How can I avoid these effects?

On beforehand: Thanks

Ebbe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ebbe Ebbe is offline

Hi Luc

Thank You! I Think it solved both the problems.
BUT - Where can I read more about the roules with and without using the Alt
key?

Ebbe

"Luc" skrev i en meddelelse
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Luc Luc is offline

Ebbe,
You could try to use the help files on tables. There is a lot of info to be
found there. The Alt key is not only used to be more precise but also
indicates the exact measurements of columns rows, margins for that matter,
in the ruler.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)