Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jenn jenn is offline

Default Merged Labels appear Next Record not addresses

What am I doing wrong? I am following the label merge wizard but the
addresses don't appear only Next Record appears on the labels. The
fields appear to match, I have told it that I have a header row, I have tried
it removing the header row. Completely frustrated and need to get these done
this morning!!?? Can anyone please help identify where I have gone horribly
awry? Forever indebted, thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You have missed the step to insert the mergefields into the first label on
the sheet and then to propogate what you have there to the other labels on
the sheet.

See the article "Mail Merge to Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jenn" wrote in message
What am I doing wrong? I am following the label merge wizard but the
addresses don't appear only Next Record appears on the labels. The
fields appear to match, I have told it that I have a header row, I have
tried
it removing the header row. Completely frustrated and need to get these
done
this morning!!?? Can anyone please help identify where I have gone
horribly
awry? Forever indebted, thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jenn jenn is offline

Thanks Doug. I had figured it out by the time your post came through, but it
confirmed that I was not totally off track, just impatient.