Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DaveD DaveD is offline

Default mail merge labels in Word 2003

When trying to print labels with mail merge in Word 2003, only the first row
of labels per page is populating. The remaining rows on the page are blank
and the labels continue on the subsequent pages. After formatting the first
label on the first page and clicking the Update All Labels button, only the
first row of labels takes the Address Book fields.
--
DaveD
Programmer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you are using a Tablet PC, there's a tablet-specific problem in this
area - see

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898630/en-us

If not, let us know.

Peter Jamieson

"DaveD" wrote in message
When trying to print labels with mail merge in Word 2003, only the first
row
of labels per page is populating. The remaining rows on the page are
blank
and the labels continue on the subsequent pages. After formatting the
first
label on the first page and clicking the Update All Labels button, only
the
first row of labels takes the Address Book fields.
--
DaveD
Programmer
MVH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DaveD DaveD is offline

I am using a tablet pc, but I was assisting a user who is not. She is
running it on a server running Windows Server 2003.
--
DaveD
Programmer

"DaveD" wrote in message
When trying to print labels with mail merge in Word 2003, only the first
row
of labels per page is populating. The remaining rows on the page are
blank
and the labels continue on the subsequent pages. After formatting the
first
label on the first page and clicking the Update All Labels button, only
the
first row of labels takes the Address Book fields.
--
DaveD
Programmer
MVH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Hmm, I wonder if Windows Server 2003 actually has the same bit of Windows
code that causes the problem? (normally I'd try and check here but
jeapordising my server's a step too far :-) )

I can only suggest
a. copying the cell contents manually instead of relying on the propagate
labels function (once you've copied to row 2, it should be fairly easy to
copy/paste to the other rows, and if the merge needs to be repeated then it
should be enough to save the mail merge main document as a .doc, re-open it,
and connect a different data source if necessary, and re-map the fields if
necessary
b. raising a support incident with Microsoft (we're just volunteers here)

Peter Jamieson

"DaveD" wrote in message
When trying to print labels with mail merge in Word 2003, only the
first
row
of labels per page is populating. The remaining rows on the page are
blank
and the labels continue on the subsequent pages. After formatting the
first
label on the first page and clicking the Update All Labels button, only
the
first row of labels takes the Address Book fields.
--
DaveD
Programmer
MVH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DaveD DaveD is offline

Thank you for your help. It actually works now. I had to completely start
from scratch and after cancelling out of an ISAM error it appears to be
working correctly.
--
DaveD
Programmer

"DaveD" wrote in message
When trying to print labels with mail merge in Word 2003, only the
first
row
of labels per page is populating. The remaining rows on the page are
blank
and the labels continue on the subsequent pages. After formatting the
first
label on the first page and clicking the Update All Labels button, only
the
first row of labels takes the Address Book fields.
--
DaveD
Programmer
MVH

printing difficultiies using mail merge in word flybynight Mailmerge 1 December 3rd 06 06:58 PM
how smart can a word 2003 mail merge letter be? Jesse Aufiero Mailmerge 6 November 30th 06 01:56 PM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Word 2003 Mail Merge (labels) Becky Mailmerge 2 October 10th 05 07:27 PM