Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
darklyndsea darklyndsea is offline

Default Word 2007 Crashes

Word 2007 keeps crashing on me, usually at least once a day (I have it open
pretty much constantly). Sometimes it keeps running according to the task
master but I cannot use it until I end the process and open Word again, while
other times it restarts right away. Is this a known issue? Is there a
planned fix or a way to prevent this already?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?ZGFya2x5bmRzZWE=?=,

Word 2007 keeps crashing on me, usually at least once a day (I have it open
pretty much constantly). Sometimes it keeps running according to the task
master but I cannot use it until I end the process and open Word again, while
other times it restarts right away. Is this a known issue? Is there a
planned fix or a way to prevent this already?

Not heard of anything like this, so it must be something particular to you
configuration. Can you detect any kind of pattern? Does it tend to happen with
particular documents? After you perform certain actions?

Do you get any kind of message?

If it's staying open in the task manager, I'd suspect you may have some kind of
Add-in installed. Possibly the Add-in is having problems?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Cindy M." wrote:

Not heard of anything like this, so it must be something particular to you
configuration. Can you detect any kind of pattern? Does it tend to happen with
particular documents? After you perform certain actions?

Do you get any kind of message?

If it's staying open in the task manager, I'd suspect you may have some kind of
Add-in installed. Possibly the Add-in is having problems?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

It doesn't seem to follow any sort of a pattern, other than that it crashes
when I have it selected, usually when I have just clicked on or typed in it.
It doesn't seem to crash more on any particular documents. Mostly I type in
blog posts, but it's crashed in normal documents too so I don't think that's
it.

When it crashes it tells me it is crashing (Word has stopped
working...checking for a solution...attempting to recover data).

To my knowledge, I do not have any add-ins installed, although if I was
given the option of installing some when I installed Word I may have
installed some (it's been a while and I have a bad memory, so I don't
remember).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Are you using an English Word? If not, which language? Do you have any
language pack installed?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Outlook 2007 Performance Update: http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/13/105
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://ribboncustomizer.com
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

" wrote in message

Hi ?B?ZGFya2x5bmRzZWE=?=,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

Are you using an English Word? If not, which language? Do you have any
language pack installed?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Outlook 2007 Performance Update: http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/13/105
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://ribboncustomizer.com
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

I am using English Word, and English is the only language installed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
IT ProGR IT ProGR is offline

I'm experiencing the same issues with word, normally when I click on an
attachment, then when I try to open word it crashes with the same message.
Tried all of the MS suggestions, nothing works.
--
IT Pro-GR

"darklyndsea" wrote:

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

Are you using an English Word? If not, which language? Do you have any
language pack installed?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Outlook 2007 Performance Update: http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/13/105
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://ribboncustomizer.com
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

I am using English Word, and English is the only language installed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
IT ProGR IT ProGR is offline

I found my PDF maker was the issue so I removed it from Word from the Add-ins
and tool bars. I have not had a crash since.
--
IT Pro-GR

"darklyndsea" wrote:

Word 2007 keeps crashing on me, usually at least once a day (I have it open
pretty much constantly). Sometimes it keeps running according to the task
master but I cannot use it until I end the process and open Word again, while
other times it restarts right away. Is this a known issue? Is there a
planned fix or a way to prevent this already?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Justin[_2_] Justin[_2_] is offline

"darklyndsea" wrote:
Word2007keeps crashing on me, usually at least once a day (I have it open
pretty much constantly). Sometimes it keeps running according to the task
master but I cannot use it until I end the process and openWordagain, while
other times it restarts right away. Is this a known issue? Is there a
planned fix or a way to prevent this already?

Yes, the acrobat 8 pdfmaker addin is the root of the constant & random
crashes. Disabled it and no more problems. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
IT ProGR IT ProGR is offline

Thank you for the response, it's the english version, I have not installed
any other languages. I did find the issue, I installed Scansoft PDF Pro 4
which was causing the issue with the add-in PDF maker. I removed this from
word it the crashes stopped. Thanks, IT Pro-GR
--
IT Pro-GR