Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jon C. Jon C. is offline

Default Home and Student Office 2007

I didn't see one note that my Microsoft Outlook 2003 was going to be deleted
along with all my addresses, and special e mail letters. The technician
helped me install OUTLOOK EXPRESS however, here's the question:
If I install Micro Outlook 2003 temporarily, will get see my old E mail and
addresses?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tim tim is offline

You don't provide enough information for us to help you. But that won't stop
me from guessing. How and why was Outlook 2003 removed from your PC? If it
was simply uninstalled, then the pst file (probably called "outlook.pst")
with all of your messages, contacts, calendar stuff will likely still be on
your PC. Just look for a file that has a pst extension (you have to be able
to view hidden/system files).

If you can find that file, then yes, you will see your old e-mail and
contacts if you re-install Outlook and configure it to point to that file.

I'm assuming you weren't in a corporate environment using Exchange. If so,
that's a different problem.

Tim

"Jon C." Jon wrote in message
I didn't see one note that my Microsoft Outlook 2003 was going to be
deleted
along with all my addresses, and special e mail letters. The technician
helped me install OUTLOOK EXPRESS however, here's the question:
If I install Micro Outlook 2003 temporarily, will get see my old E mail
and
addresses?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I agree with Tim. If you upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007, then the
..pst should still be intact. Personally, I think it was a big mistake to
remove Outlook from S&T. However, Vista's Windows Mail is a big improvement
over Outlook Express though I presume you must be using Windows XP which is
why you now use OE?

You should be able to Open OE and under the file menu, Import all your old
emails and addresses from the pst.

Terry

"Jon C." Jon wrote in message
I didn't see one note that my Microsoft Outlook 2003 was going to be
deleted
along with all my addresses, and special e mail letters. The technician
helped me install OUTLOOK EXPRESS however, here's the question:
If I install Micro Outlook 2003 temporarily, will get see my old E mail
and
addresses?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jon C.[_2_] Jon C.[_2_] is offline

This reply is for Tim and Terry: Thanks guys.
Before I installed Home and Student Office 2007 (XP Pro SP2) I deleted
Microsoft Word and its associated programs. I just didn't realize that
Microsoft Outlook 2003 was part of that. So when I went to check e
mail.....it was gone.

Right now Outlook Express 6 is taking its place.

I will check to see if I can import the old material.

Do you see any problems thus far? Thanks, Jon

"Jon C." Jon wrote in message
I didn't see one note that my Microsoft Outlook 2003 was going to be
deleted
along with all my addresses, and special e mail letters. The technician
helped me install OUTLOOK EXPRESS however, here's the question:
If I install Micro Outlook 2003 temporarily, will get see my old E mail
and
addresses?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Jon

Did you really DELETE 2003 or did you uninstall it? If you uninstalled it,
then the pst will definitely still be on your system. And if you did delete
rather than uninstall, I would be surprised if you found the pst because it
is normally stored in the user's profile: you're unlikely to have deleted
your Windows Profile. If you use the File, Import command in OE, it may even
find the old pst on its own.

Terry

"Jon C." Jon wrote in message
I didn't see one note that my Microsoft Outlook 2003 was going to be
deleted
along with all my addresses, and special e mail letters. The
technician
helped me install OUTLOOK EXPRESS however, here's the question:
If I install Micro Outlook 2003 temporarily, will get see my old E mail
and
addresses?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jon C.[_2_] Jon C.[_2_] is offline

Terry: I went to Control Panel and deleted Office 2003 and everything that
went with it. I just didn't know that Microsoft Word was part of it.

"Jon C." Jon wrote in message
I didn't see one note that my Microsoft Outlook 2003 was going to be
deleted
along with all my addresses, and special e mail letters. The
technician
helped me install OUTLOOK EXPRESS however, here's the question:
If I install Micro Outlook 2003 temporarily, will get see my old E mail
and
addresses?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You still didn't really answer Terry's question. Did you "delete" Office
2003... or did you remove/uninstall it?

There is a tremendous difference. If you simply "deleted" Office 2003 (which
would have been done using Windows Explorer or My Computer, or something
like that), then there quite possibly is a way to get Outlook back.
Depending on which folders you deleted, it is very unlikely that you deleted
the Outlook .pst file.

On the other hand, if you used Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel
to "remove" or uninstall Office 2003, then you're out of luck as far as
recovering any of your Office 2003 program.

BUT, in either case, your .pst file(s) and any other data files should still
be on your computer. Even if you deleted everything related to Office 2003,
unless you emptied your recycle bin, the .pst file should still be there
somewhere and recoverable. And, if you uninstalled, uninstalling does not
touch the .pst or other settings/data files.

Therefore, the terminology you use is important. Since there is nothing in
Control Panel that would "delete" Office 2003, I'm assuming that you instead
"removed" it. While this doesn't provide a way to recover any of your Office
2003 programs, all of your Office 2003 data should still be on your
computer.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Jon C." Jon wrote in message
I didn't see one note that my Microsoft Outlook 2003 was going to be
deleted
along with all my addresses, and special e mail letters. The
technician
helped me install OUTLOOK EXPRESS however, here's the question:
If I install Micro Outlook 2003 temporarily, will get see my old E
mail
and
addresses?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jon C.[_2_] Jon C.[_2_] is offline

Herb, thank you for your lesson in terminologly. I needed that because I am
so used to using lazy English.
I just don't know how to recover my .pst files. I would be extremely
greatful if you know of a place for me to learn this process, or be able to
tell me. I am using XP Professional SP2.
My sincere thanks.
Jon

"Jon C." Jon wrote in message
I didn't see one note that my Microsoft Outlook 2003 was going to be
deleted
along with all my addresses, and special e mail letters. The
technician
helped me install OUTLOOK EXPRESS however, here's the question:
If I install Micro Outlook 2003 temporarily, will get see my old E
mail
and
addresses?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi, Jon,

The most likely location and name is here (I believe):

C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.PST

[user name] of course is whatever user name you're using for your Windows
logon profile.

--

"Jon C." Jon wrote in message
I didn't see one note that my Microsoft Outlook 2003 was going to
be
deleted
along with all my addresses, and special e mail letters. The
technician
helped me install OUTLOOK EXPRESS however, here's the question:
If I install Micro Outlook 2003 temporarily, will get see my old
mail
and
addresses?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Juanito501 Juanito501 is offline

Hello Herb and all who offered suggestions. I'm going to work on this this
weekend. I believe what has been said is that I have lost all Microsoft Word
EMail material. But I'll try somemore. tHANKS AGAIN EVERYONE.

"Jon C." Jon wrote in message
I didn't see one note that my Microsoft Outlook 2003 was going to
be
deleted
along with all my addresses, and special e mail letters. The
technician
helped me install OUTLOOK EXPRESS however, here's the question:
If I install Micro Outlook 2003 temporarily, will get see my old
mail
and
addresses?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Your belief is probably not correct. You should use Windows explorer to
look for files with a .pst extension.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.