Kathy Richardson

Default How can I split justify text on the same line in a label.

I am trying to prepare a mailmerge document that will generate labels, I
added a textbox on the right side of the page with some of my mergefields in
it so that the merged text will show up on the right side of the label. (I
already have most of the text aligned on the left side of the label).
However, when I merge, the textbox is blank. When I put the same mergefield
outside of a textbox on the label, they merge just fine.
I had the same type of label in Wordperfect before I transitioned to Word,
and it worked just fine because in Wordperfect I could select a part of a
line of text and right justify only that text and not the rest of the line.
Word doesn't appear to allow that, and this workaround doesn''t appear to
work either. Anyone have any ideas about how to make either of these ideas
work, or any other way to accomplish my mission?

In Word you need to insert tab stops. Take a look at the Header paragraph
for an example of this: it has a center tab stop at the center of the line
and a right-aligned stop at the right margin. A right-aligned tab stop is
what you need; set the stop (using the ruler or the Tabs dialog), then
insert a tab character to get to it. For more, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm

"Kathy Richardson" Kathy wrote in
message ...