Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] tomfabtastic@hotmail.com is offline

Default Colour the entire cell in a Table (not just the text)þ

Hi, I have a table and would like to colour the entire background of
acell in the table. I am able to colour the text in the cell, but
notthe entire background of the cell (I want to see a rectangular
block ofcolour with the cell's text still viewable). I am using Word
2003.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Thanks,Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have the entire cell selected when you apply shading, it should be
applied to the cell rather than the paragraph, but if there's any problem,
go to Format | Borders and Shading and make sure that Cell and not Text is
selected for "Apply to."

wrote in message
Hi, I have a table and would like to colour the entire background of
acell in the table. I am able to colour the text in the cell, but
notthe entire background of the cell (I want to see a rectangular
block ofcolour with the cell's text still viewable). I am using Word
2003.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Thanks,Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

wrote in message

Hi, I have a table and would like to colour the entire background of
acell in the table. I am able to colour the text in the cell, but
notthe entire background of the cell (I want to see a rectangular
block ofcolour with the cell's text still viewable). I am using Word
2003.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Thanks,Tom- Hide quoted text -

Thank you Suzanne - that's perfect.