LBinDC

Default table of contents and headings not aligned in TOC

Almost done, but because I used automatic numbering and styles, my numbers
1-9 have the same margins as numbers 10-65. As a result, the headings in the
TOC across from Sections 1 to 9 are slightly misaligned with headings having
double digit sections. Is there any fix for that? Thanks.

LBinDC

Reading one of your other responses, I was able to edit the TOC by pressing
Ctrl+Shift+F9 to convert the TOC field to regular text. Then I correct the
problem, and the correction stays in place if I update the TOC by using the
F9 key. If I change the TOC through the insert "Reference"/"Tables and
Columns" section, I of course have to start all over. Thanks!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Not any easy fix, no.

"LBinDC" wrote in message
Almost done, but because I used automatic numbering and styles, my numbers
1-9 have the same margins as numbers 10-65. As a result, the headings in

the
TOC across from Sections 1 to 9 are slightly misaligned with headings

having
double digit sections. Is there any fix for that? Thanks.

If you unlink the TOC, you can no longer update it with F9. So before you
take this step, make sure that editing is complete and the headings and page
numbers won't change.

"LBinDC" wrote in message
Reading one of your other responses, I was able to edit the TOC by

pressing
Ctrl+Shift+F9 to convert the TOC field to regular text. Then I correct

the
problem, and the correction stays in place if I update the TOC by using

the
F9 key. If I change the TOC through the insert "Reference"/"Tables and
Columns" section, I of course have to start all over. Thanks!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Not any easy fix, no.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"LBinDC" wrote in message
Almost done, but because I used automatic numbering and styles, my

numbers
1-9 have the same margins as numbers 10-65. As a result, the headings

in
the
TOC across from Sections 1 to 9 are slightly misaligned with headings

having
double digit sections. Is there any fix for that? Thanks.

Headings and Table of Contents LBinDC Microsoft Word Help 2 February 23rd 05 11:35 PM
Merge field in table of contents Richard Eggleton Mailmerge 0 February 2nd 05 12:12 AM
table of contents in thesis SSL New Users 1 January 9th 05 10:56 PM
table of contents Tom G. Tables 9 December 23rd 04 07:46 AM
How do I format my Table of Contents to have hyperlinks? fadeout Microsoft Word Help 3 December 13th 04 10:21 PM