JohnThePresenter

Default Bullets And Numbering Delay

If I create a new document and type a few lines, then select
[Format]-[Bullets and Numbering] I get over a minute's delay before I can do
anything else. If I do the same thing later on, or even if I create another
new doc and do the same thing without rebooting I do not get the delay.

I use Word 2002 SP3 on XP Pro with latest Win/Office updates.

I have fully up-to-date VirusScan 7.1.0 from MacAfee.

Any ideas about the cause please?

Word Heretic

G'day "JohnThePresenter" ,

Create a style called list bullet. Give it a bullet. Apply that style
when you need a bullet. Never use manual formatting.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

JohnThePresenter reckoned: