Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frustrated@2007[_2_] Frustrated@2007[_2_] is offline

Default How do I customize Autotext in Word 2007?

With Word 2003 I used Autotext extensively for a combination of word and
symbols that I could enter by merely typing in a code word and pressing F3.
To create the Autotext, all I had to do was press Alt-I to get to Autotext,
press N for new Autotext entry.

I realize in Word 2007, I have to go thru the steps to create a building
block. I am willing to re-do all that taking many extra steps, but I am
REALLY frustrated at how to find and use a building block that I have
created. By the time I have gone thru INSERT, TEXT, QUICK PARTS, BUILDING
BLOCKS ORGANIZER, then scroll down NAME to find my code word, most of the
time I have have forgotten what I intended to insert, and it breaks up my
train of thought.

Is there a quick way of getting to the autotext that I have created? THANKS!