Hernan

Default fixed lines in Word

Hi,

I am using MSWord 2003 and I would like to use a documents in which I have
fixed lines in it. IOW, If I type over them they will not move. Can acomplish
that in Word?

I do not like to use the underscore feature...because it moves spaces all
the same.

TIA

Hernan
Anne Troy

Generally, we use tables to do that, Hernan. They're great for creating
signature lines on contracts or for fill-in forms. For instance, for a
left/right signature setup:
Insert a 3-column, 4-row table.
Remove all borders.
Counting the cells, left to right then down, put borders on the bottom of
cells 1, 3, 7 and 9.
In 2 and 4, type "Signer name"
In 10 and 12, type "Date" or "Company" or "Title" or something...

************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Hernan" wrote in message
news
Hi,

I am using MSWord 2003 and I would like to use a documents in which I have
fixed lines in it. IOW, If I type over them they will not move. Can
acomplish
that in Word?

I do not like to use the underscore feature...because it moves spaces all
the same.

TIA

Hernan

Hernan

Hi Anne,

Thank you for the tip :-)

However I still have some minor problem...

I created a table of 3 columns by 40 rows. The first col is for date, 2nd
for initials and the 3rd is for comments.

Then as I input the comments and I get to the end of that row, it wraps,
making the row bigger. And instead of TABbing twice is there a way to make
the cursor jump to the next row under the comments?

Thanks again for your time.

Hernan

"Hernan" wrote in message
news
Hi,

I am using MSWord 2003 and I would like to use a documents in which I have
fixed lines in it. IOW, If I type over them they will not move. Can
acomplish
that in Word?

I do not like to use the underscore feature...because it moves spaces all
the same.

TIA

Hernan

Anne Troy

No NICE way, Hernan. The only way of which I'm aware is to use a macro that,
on Enter key, takes you to the next row, 3rd column, and that's kind of
painful...what do you do when you WANT it to go to the first cell? You could
use your down arrow key.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Hernan" wrote in message
news
Hi,

I am using MSWord 2003 and I would like to use a documents in which I
have
fixed lines in it. IOW, If I type over them they will not move. Can
acomplish
that in Word?

I do not like to use the underscore feature...because it moves spaces
all
the same.

TIA

Hernan

Hernan

Hi Anne,

Thank you for your answer. What I do, is to press enter, so probably what I
want then is a macro to do the jump. If you know how/what to do for the macro
to do this, please post.

Again, you have been of great help. Now I'm off to learn more on macros. :-)

Hernan

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Generally, we use tables to do that, Hernan. They're great for creating
signature lines on contracts or for fill-in forms. For instance, for a
left/right signature setup:
Insert a 3-column, 4-row table.
Remove all borders.
Counting the cells, left to right then down, put borders on the bottom of
cells 1, 3, 7 and 9.
In 2 and 4, type "Signer name"
In 10 and 12, type "Date" or "Company" or "Title" or something...

************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Hernan" wrote in message
news Hi,

I am using MSWord 2003 and I would like to use a documents in which I
have
fixed lines in it. IOW, If I type over them they will not move. Can
acomplish
that in Word?

I do not like to use the underscore feature...because it moves spaces
all
the same.

TIA

Hernan

Anne Troy

Try asking over at www.officearticles.com/forum, Hernan. Just register and
post in the Word area (upload a sample file, please) and I'll try to have
one of my coders look at it right away.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Hernan" wrote in message
Hi Anne,

Thank you for your answer. What I do, is to press enter, so probably what
want then is a macro to do the jump. If you know how/what to do for the
macro
to do this, please post.

Again, you have been of great help. Now I'm off to learn more on macros.
:-)

Hernan

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Generally, we use tables to do that, Hernan. They're great for
creating
signature lines on contracts or for fill-in forms. For instance, for a
left/right signature setup:
Insert a 3-column, 4-row table.
Remove all borders.
Counting the cells, left to right then down, put borders on the bottom
of
cells 1, 3, 7 and 9.
In 2 and 4, type "Signer name"
In 10 and 12, type "Date" or "Company" or "Title" or something...

************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Hernan" wrote in message
news Hi,

I am using MSWord 2003 and I would like to use a documents in which
have
fixed lines in it. IOW, If I type over them they will not move. Can
acomplish
that in Word?

I do not like to use the underscore feature...because it moves
spaces
all
the same.

TIA

Hernan

Hernan

Hi Anne,

I tried to post there but I guess doc files are not accepted. I opied the
format of my document and the HTML portion took it well, however by the time
I posted it or previewed it I lost its format... :/

I will try later...

Thank you for your help, anyways

Hernan

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Generally, we use tables to do that, Hernan. They're great for
creating
signature lines on contracts or for fill-in forms. For instance, for a
left/right signature setup:
Insert a 3-column, 4-row table.
Remove all borders.
Counting the cells, left to right then down, put borders on the bottom
of
cells 1, 3, 7 and 9.
In 2 and 4, type "Signer name"
In 10 and 12, type "Date" or "Company" or "Title" or something...

************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Hernan" wrote in message
news Hi,

I am using MSWord 2003 and I would like to use a documents in which
have
fixed lines in it. IOW, If I type over them they will not move. Can
acomplish
that in Word?

I do not like to use the underscore feature...because it moves
spaces
all
the same.

TIA

Hernan

Anne Troy

No problem, Hernan. You CAN upload zip files there. I'm looking into it,
too.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Generally, we use tables to do that, Hernan. They're great for
creating
signature lines on contracts or for fill-in forms. For instance,
for a
left/right signature setup:
Insert a 3-column, 4-row table.
Remove all borders.
Counting the cells, left to right then down, put borders on the
bottom
of
cells 1, 3, 7 and 9.
In 2 and 4, type "Signer name"
In 10 and 12, type "Date" or "Company" or "Title" or something...

Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

news Hi,