shell

Default PDF files

How do I download/convert a pdf file? When I download/open the file it's all
unreadable symbols.
Charles Kenyon

You need Adobe Acrobat Reader. It is downloadable for free from Adobe.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"shell" wrote in message
How do I download/convert a pdf file? When I download/open the file it's
all
unreadable symbols.

shell

I done it, finally. Thanks Charles

"shell" wrote:

How do I download/convert a pdf file? When I download/open the file it's all
unreadable symbols.

Vanguard \(NPI\)

"shell" wrote:
How do I download/convert a pdf file? When I download/open the file
it's
all
unreadable symbols.

Well, um, how about actually opening the PDF (Adobe's proprietary Portable
File Format) file in Adobe's Acrobat Reader? It knows how to read PDF
files. If you want to edit the PDF file, you will need to use an editor
program that supports PDF format. That won't be Word. Adobe's Acrobat
product is normally used for that but it is pricey.

Are you saying that the PDF file won't open in Adobe Reader? Did you try?
Did you double-click on the .pdf file or use Adobe Reader's File-Open menu?
If if the .pdf filetype association is missing on your host, the menu in the
program will still work. If Adobe Reader can't read it, it is a corrupted
PDF file or maybe it isn't even a PDF file. There are other programs that
use the .pdf file extension; see
http://www.filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=pdf.

| ** Reply to the newsgroup. Share with others ** |
| E-mail: Remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" to Subject. |

How do I open multiple Word 2003 files to display on dual monitors mally Microsoft Word Help 6 July 4th 05 11:00 AM
How do I convert MS Word Office 2000 files to PDF files? alfa Microsoft Word Help 4 June 21st 05 08:33 AM
Files open as read only Danny Sanders Microsoft Word Help 2 March 7th 05 11:27 PM
Duplicate Files John Flatley New Users 1 December 22nd 04 08:17 AM
RECOVER Temp FILES from CD-RW Kimla Microsoft Word Help 0 December 6th 04 02:59 PM