Dave

Default Saving/Opening Docs with Tracked Changes

I am having a problem with saving docs in which I have been tracking
changes. I am using Office/Word 2003.

Before saving, I clear all tabs under 'Show" on the Tracking toolbar, and
select Final. Screen shows final doc OK, and I save and close.

But when I reopen, it comes back showing all changes. How can I save/open
my doc so the tracked changes don't reappear (however remain with the doc
for future editing.)??

Tried a lot of boxes under Tools/Options, but can't seem to find the right
one.

Thanks all

Dave

Dave

Well, um, er, ah - maybe I better ask why it's on the Security tab before I
do anything rash.
Dave

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You can clear the check box for "Make hidden markup visible when opening
or
saving," but there's a reason it's on the Security tab of Tools | Options.
Also, some users report that clearing this box does not make Word open in
Final view.

so
all may benefit.

"Dave" wrote in message
I am having a problem with saving docs in which I have been tracking
changes. I am using Office/Word 2003.

Before saving, I clear all tabs under 'Show" on the Tracking toolbar,
and
select Final. Screen shows final doc OK, and I save and close.

But when I reopen, it comes back showing all changes. How can I
save/open
my doc so the tracked changes don't reappear (however remain with the doc
for future editing.)??

Tried a lot of boxes under Tools/Options, but can't seem to find the
right
one.

Thanks all

Dave

It's there to protect you from yourself--to save you the embarrassment (or
even legal liability) of inadvertently sending out a document containing
comments or tracked changes. This setting is a response to indignation from
some highly placed government agencies (and many others) when they found
that mischief makers (or anyone with any sense) could view their innermost
thoughts, which they had not removed by accepting all changes and deleting
all comments before sending documents out as email attachments or posting
them online.

"Dave" wrote in message
Well, um, er, ah - maybe I better ask why it's on the Security tab before

do anything rash.
Dave

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You can clear the check box for "Make hidden markup visible when opening
or
saving," but there's a reason it's on the Security tab of Tools |

Options.
Also, some users report that clearing this box does not make Word open

in
Final view.

newsgroup
so