Bill

Default Accents

How do I add accents to a character
like you see in the composer's name
below?

Dvorák

Tony Jollans

A quick google ..
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=key...illa-search&st
art=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GBffic
ial

The first search result seems to give all the information you need - about
half way down - at http://www.starr.net/is/type/kbh.html#word - there is a
table of keyboard combinations for accented characters in Word.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Bill" wrote in message
nk.net...
How do I add accents to a character
like you see in the composer's name
below?

Dvorák

Bill

Doesn't work on my machine. I tried several of the
suggestions but none of them work. I tried looking
up "accent" in the Word help files, but I didn't see
anything relating to what I needed.

Windows XP with Office 2000 SP3

"Tony Jollans" No Mail wrote in message
A quick google ..
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=key...illa-search&st
art=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GBffic
ial

The first search result seems to give all the information you need - about
half way down - at http://www.starr.net/is/type/kbh.html#word - there is a
table of keyboard combinations for accented characters in Word.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Bill" wrote in message
nk.net...
How do I add accents to a character
like you see in the composer's name
below?

Dvorák

garfield-n-odie

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...tSpecChars.htm .

Bill wrote:

How do I add accents to a character
like you see in the composer's name
below?

Dvorák

Tony Jollans

Sounds like you've lost some keyboard settings.

Go To Tools Customize Keyboard
Under categories (on the left) select Common Symbols
Scroll dow the list on the right - pick out individual characters you are
interested in and see what (if any) shortcut keys are set.
Set new shortcuts if you wish.

Maybe you have somehow re-assigned a prefix key.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...
Doesn't work on my machine. I tried several of the
suggestions but none of them work. I tried looking
up "accent" in the Word help files, but I didn't see
anything relating to what I needed.

Windows XP with Office 2000 SP3

"Tony Jollans" No Mail wrote in message
A quick google ..

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=key...illa-search&st

art=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GBffic
ial

The first search result seems to give all the information you need -

about
half way down - at http://www.starr.net/is/type/kbh.html#word - there is

table of keyboard combinations for accented characters in Word.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Bill" wrote in message