drybones

Default Auto Alphabetize ?

I have a 5 page (table) listing using of movie titles that are 'not' in
alphabet order.

Is there hope for me in getting them in correct alphabet order other
then manual time consuming placement?

Thanks for any or all replies,
drybones

Jay Freedman

drybones wrote:
I have a 5 page (table) listing using of movie titles that are 'not'
in alphabet order.

Is there hope for me in getting them in correct alphabet order other
then manual time consuming placement?

Thanks for any or all replies,
drybones

Hmm... tough one... ;-)

Have you tried clickiing the Table menu and selecting Sort?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

drybones

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
drybones wrote:
I have a 5 page (table) listing using of movie titles that are 'not'
in alphabet order.

Is there hope for me in getting them in correct alphabet order other
then manual time consuming placement?

Thanks for any or all replies,
drybones

Hmm... tough one... ;-)

Have you tried clickiing the Table menu and selecting Sort?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Thanks for your reply Jay,

Sort only allws for paragraph sorting. 8^(
Tried it anway and no results.
drybones

Jay Freedman

drybones wrote:
I have a 5 page (table) listing using of movie titles that are 'not'
in alphabet order.

Is there hope for me in getting them in correct alphabet order other
then manual time consuming placement?

Thanks for any or all replies,
drybones

Hmm... tough one... ;-)

Have you tried clickiing the Table menu and selecting Sort?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Thanks for your reply Jay,

Sort only allws for paragraph sorting. 8^(
Tried it anway and no results.
drybones

If your list is in a genuine Word table, one per row, then Sort will
sort them. If the list isn't in a table but is one title per
paragraph, Sort will still sort them. If your list doesn't meet either
of those criteria, then how is it laid out? What character separates
the titles?

If you have some layout that doesn't correspond to what Sort is
looking for, you may be able to use some combination of Table
Convert to Text, Edit Replace (possibly with wildcards -- see
http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm), and Table
Convert to Table to massage it into a usable shape.

If you can't get it to work, zip the file and send it to me for a
look.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman