Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
huey[_2_] huey[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2003 problems

Hi:
A friend just installed MS Office 2003. Previously she was using Office 97.
When trying to copy & paste she can highlight the text and copy but the
paste feature isn't available. Also, the Show/Hide feature to reveal
character marks doesn't work, nor does the Help function. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
huey[_2_] huey[_2_] is offline

She had some trouble with that as Hotmail wouldn't accept the Microsoft
address. However when we open all the programs each says that it has been
'activated'. If this isn't the case how can she get around the Hotmail
problem or is she better off using another e-mail account to activate?
Thanks.

"huey" wrote in message ...
Hi:
A friend just installed MS Office 2003. Previously she was using Office
97.
When trying to copy & paste she can highlight the text and copy but the
paste feature isn't available. Also, the Show/Hide feature to reveal
character marks doesn't work, nor does the Help function. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tim tim is offline

I don't recall needing an e-mail address to activate Office. Would you
please explain that a little further? Are you confusing activation with
registration?

Tim

"huey" wrote in message ...
Hi:
A friend just installed MS Office 2003. Previously she was using
Office
97.
When trying to copy & paste she can highlight the text and copy but the
paste feature isn't available. Also, the Show/Hide feature to reveal
character marks doesn't work, nor does the Help function. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
huey[_2_] huey[_2_] is offline

Hi:
Perhaps I was. From what we can see the problem seems to be related to not
allowing macros to run when she installed the program. When she set them to
medium security within Word the paste function and Show/Hide features work.
If she can't register due to the e-mail address problem will the program
continue to function? It is a legitimate copy. Thanks for your help.

"huey" wrote in message

Hi:
A friend just installed MS Office 2003. Previously she was using
Office
97.
When trying to copy & paste she can highlight the text and copy but

the
paste feature isn't available. Also, the Show/Hide feature to reveal
character marks doesn't work, nor does the Help function. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tim tim is offline

Registration is voluntary (as opposed to activation - which is not) and does
not have any affect on any application. It's been a while since I actually
bothered to register but I do know that some companies do not allow or
accept "free" e-mail addresses (such as Hotmail or Yahoo) when registering.
In your case, its a little ironic that MS won't allow Hotmail accounts. So
as long as setting security to medium fixes the problem, you are fine.

Tim

"huey" wrote in message

Hi:
A friend just installed MS Office 2003. Previously she was using
Office
97.
When trying to copy & paste she can highlight the text and copy but

the
paste feature isn't available. Also, the Show/Hide feature to
reveal
character marks doesn't work, nor does the Help function. Any
ideas?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
huey[_2_] huey[_2_] is offline

Hi:
Yes the irony wasn't lost on us either. Anyway, thank you for your help.

"huey" wrote in message

Hi:
A friend just installed MS Office 2003. Previously she was using
Office
97.
When trying to copy & paste she can highlight the text and copy

but
the
paste feature isn't available. Also, the Show/Hide feature to
reveal
character marks doesn't work, nor does the Help function. Any
ideas?
Thanks.

Problems importing an Access 2003 Query into a Word 2003 File DJMoran Mailmerge 1 January 21st 07 01:37 PM
Problems with Word 2003 SueQ Microsoft Word Help 1 August 1st 06 02:06 PM
Word 2003 problems Agron New Users 1 December 21st 05 06:47 AM
Word 2003 problems KC Microsoft Word Help 2 December 8th 05 03:15 PM
editing problems in word 2003 angie Microsoft Word Help 2 May 11th 05 06:04 AM