Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
stef[_2_] stef[_2_] is offline

Default problem with reviewing and seeing comments

Word 2002 SP3
Win XP HE

Hi,

I have a redline document--with changes being tracked and viewable.

I want to comment some of those changes--but without editing the actual
text itself and making trackable changes. My comments are just that:
comments and I want to keep them as suggestions in this case.

I have commented wherever I felt was needed--by right clicking on place
in paragraph and inserting my comment in Reviewing Pane.

One problem with that is that while it seems convenient, it is actually
very hard to see *where* the comment is inserted exactly; there is only
a very small red bar where I clicked and no line or visual aid linking
the comment with the spot on the text.

I am concerned that others will find it very difficult to work with; if
not clearly seeing visually *where* the comment goes.

I do not particularly like the comment boxes that appear on the right
frame when commenting without using the Reviewing Pane; and perhaps
there is a way to both combine inserting the comments in the pane and
turning on or off the comment boxes on the right margin of doc?

I cannot figure how to get those back....

Any professional suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
stef[_2_] stef[_2_] is offline

What a moron....
I just needed to switch to "Print Layout" to show the comments.......
That's done and they appear in the boxes to the right.

If any comment as to proper procedure for my purposes--writing in
comments, etc., please don't hesitate as I am really new at reviewing