Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andy Walsh Andy Walsh is offline

Default font problem

I am trying to get all the text in a document to have the same font.
When I select all of the text in the document the font window goes blank
which I guess indicates that there is more than one font being used.
How come that when I select all text & choose a font this does not seem to
get applied to all of the text?
Any suggestions gratefully recieved
(Using Office Word 2003)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is it that the font actually isn't applied or just that you don't see that
font name in the Font box when the entire document is selected? As a general
rule, when you have selected more than some specific (but undocumented)
amount of text, all settings are grayed out or blanked, even if they are the
same for all the selected text.

"Andy Walsh" Andy wrote in message
I am trying to get all the text in a document to have the same font.
When I select all of the text in the document the font window goes blank
which I guess indicates that there is more than one font being used.
How come that when I select all text & choose a font this does not seem to
get applied to all of the text?
Any suggestions gratefully recieved
(Using Office Word 2003)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andy Walsh[_2_] Andy Walsh[_2_] is offline

Hi Suzanne

The problem is that the font isn't being applied.

The document has had lots of bits & pieces pasted into it, I suspect it is
something to do with the formatting of the original text?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is it that the font actually isn't applied or just that you don't see that
font name in the Font box when the entire document is selected? As a general
rule, when you have selected more than some specific (but undocumented)
amount of text, all settings are grayed out or blanked, even if they are the
same for all the selected text.

"Andy Walsh" Andy wrote in message
I am trying to get all the text in a document to have the same font.
When I select all of the text in the document the font window goes blank
which I guess indicates that there is more than one font being used.
How come that when I select all text & choose a font this does not seem to
get applied to all of the text?
Any suggestions gratefully recieved
(Using Office Word 2003)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No, if you Ctrl+A to select the entire document and apply a font, it should
be applied to everything. You can click in specific portions of text and see
a different font name in the font list?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Font problem Jennifer Microsoft Word Help 1 March 27th 08 10:52 PM
font problem tryanGW Microsoft Word Help 2 January 12th 07 02:52 PM
Font Problem Ady Mailmerge 2 July 14th 06 12:20 PM
font problem vagala Microsoft Word Help 1 February 11th 05 10:45 AM
Problem in Font swami Microsoft Word Help 0 January 31st 05 12:17 PM