Posted to microsoft.public.word.general,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz

Default Word XP - can't do duplex AND reverse printing

Have you tried not using the Duplexing feature but instead simply choosing
to print odd pages then the even pages in the Print dialog with the Reverse
setting on?

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/1/06 3:04 PM, in article
, "Jon Jermey"
wrote:

I'm trying to print 46 pages out with manual duplex. To do this I have to
reverse the order twice - once after the first side is printed out so that
the blank back of the first page is on top, and again after the second side
is printed out to get the pages into the correct order. It seems to me that
I could avoid this if I could get Reverse Printing to work, but it doesn't
appear to work in combination with Manual Duplex. Is this true? Is there a
workaround?

I'm printing on a Canon Lasershot LBP-1120.

Thanks,

Jon.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.general,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PeterMcC PeterMcC is offline

Jon Jermey wrote in

I'm trying to print 46 pages out with manual duplex. To do this I
have to reverse the order twice - once after the first side is
printed out so that the blank back of the first page is on top, and
again after the second side is printed out to get the pages into the
correct order. It seems to me that I could avoid this if I could get
Reverse Printing to work, but it doesn't appear to work in
combination with Manual Duplex. Is this true? Is there a workaround?

I'm printing on a Canon Lasershot LBP-1120.

FilePrintAll - with the Print Odd pages selected. No reverse.
Turn them over and put them back in the printer with the blank side of to be
printed on.
FilePrintAll - with the Print Even pages selected. No reverse.

Manuals, in order from front to back, ready to bind.

Works for me.

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.general,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jon Jermey

I'm trying to print 46 pages out with manual duplex. To do this I have to
reverse the order twice - once after the first side is printed out so that
the blank back of the first page is on top, and again after the second side
is printed out to get the pages into the correct order. It seems to me that
I could avoid this if I could get Reverse Printing to work, but it doesn't
appear to work in combination with Manual Duplex. Is this true? Is there a
workaround?

I'm printing on a Canon Lasershot LBP-1120.

Thanks,

Jon.

duplex printing problem JBliehall Microsoft Word Help 5 July 19th 06 10:20 AM
Page borders in duplex printing Dudley Page Layout 4 March 30th 06 06:02 PM
duplex printing Bryan Page Layout 6 February 17th 06 12:14 PM
duplex printing on Xerox Fiery X12 (DocuColor 12) penciline Microsoft Word Help 3 January 29th 06 09:36 PM
Manual duplex printing and reversing print order on reverse side Shaun Microsoft Word Help 0 April 11th 05 11:05 AM