Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kenneth D. Forbus Kenneth D. Forbus is offline

Default How do I make "Final without Markup" the default in Word 2007

Subject line says it all. I've gone through the usual channels (help system,
google, etc.) and all the seemingly relevant menus. If it's there, it's
well-hidden. And driving us nuts. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
margilowry margilowry is offline

I'm not really sure if this will help you but I found it through a Google
search:

http://www.twoorthree.net/2006/10/ho...urn_off_1.html

HTH,
ml

"Kenneth D. Forbus" wrote:

Subject line says it all. I've gone through the usual channels (help system,
google, etc.) and all the seemingly relevant menus. If it's there, it's
well-hidden. And driving us nuts. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kenneth D. Forbus Kenneth D. Forbus is offline

No, this is not relevant -- please note, I'm dealing with Word 2007. That
dialog box isn't in 2007 as far as I can see.

"margilowry" wrote:

I'm not really sure if this will help you but I found it through a Google
search:

http://www.twoorthree.net/2006/10/ho...urn_off_1.html

HTH,
ml

"Kenneth D. Forbus" wrote:

Subject line says it all. I've gone through the usual channels (help system,
google, etc.) and all the seemingly relevant menus. If it's there, it's
well-hidden. And driving us nuts. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

I suspect it is the issue. In Word 2007 it is slightly harder to find:

Office Button Word Options Trust Center Trust Center Settings
Privacy Options Document specific settings

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Kenneth D. Forbus" wrote in
message ...

"margilowry" wrote:

I'm not really sure if this will help you but I found it through a Google
search:

http://www.twoorthree.net/2006/10/ho...urn_off_1.html

HTH,
ml

"Kenneth D. Forbus" wrote:

Subject line says it all. I've gone through the usual channels (help
system,
google, etc.) and all the seemingly relevant menus. If it's there,
it's
well-hidden. And driving us nuts. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Interesting article title. I'm not sure if I would consider a security
option "annoying". Personally, I don't mind the two or three "clicks" it
takes to change the Markup View -- a couple clicks are worth the risk of
sending out something that could be embarrassing. Not to mention it's always
fun to encounter a document that someone unknowingly sent or published on
the web with tracked changes and the best way to find them is to make sure
you can see them when the document opens. ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton

"margilowry" wrote in message
I'm not really sure if this will help you but I found it through a Google
search:

http://www.twoorthree.net/2006/10/ho...urn_off_1.html

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kenneth D. Forbus Kenneth D. Forbus is offline

I know what you mean re the amusement (or horror) of seeing what other people
have done in their drafts. Not to mention the proceedings of a conference
that shall remain nameless which insistent on editable RTF files, and made
the PDF for the proceedings after editing them with change tracking on, and
"printing" them in Final with Markup mode. Ugh.

But, on the other hand, a couple of clicks adds up quickly. So far, I'm
undecided on whether the ribbon bar in 2007 is an improvement or a setback in
terms of my efficiency, since I'm finding myself going back and forth a lot
more now. I personally find it a lot easier to treat the publishing of
something as a distinct and explicit act, where one scrubs all tracked
changes anyway.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Interesting article title. I'm not sure if I would consider a security
option "annoying". Personally, I don't mind the two or three "clicks" it
takes to change the Markup View -- a couple clicks are worth the risk of
sending out something that could be embarrassing. Not to mention it's always
fun to encounter a document that someone unknowingly sent or published on
the web with tracked changes and the best way to find them is to make sure
you can see them when the document opens. ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton

"margilowry" wrote in message
I'm not really sure if this will help you but I found it through a Google
search:

http://www.twoorthree.net/2006/10/ho...urn_off_1.html

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I used to have a collection of links to documents found on the web that
contained tracked changes but I think they've been cleaned up by now. The
government and MS documents were the best. lol

I'm all about the "clicks" too but it only takes once to overlook something
and it's usually in a document someone else created. :-)

When I work on documents with tracked changes I add the reviewing commands I
use the most to my Quick Access Toolbar (which is placed below the Ribbon.)
and it makes it much easier. If you don't know how to add commands,
right-click the command and then click "Add to Quick Access Toolbar". You
can also add an entire group, such as the Changes group, by right-clicking
the group name instead of a command in the group. Removal is essentially the
same, right-click the command on the QAT and use the Remove command.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word