Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Nomad Nomad is offline

Default Which program is best to write a novel with

I have vista so it would need to be compatible with that.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

For fast no-nonsense writing with a minimal risk of corrupting documents,
WordPad -- which comes with Vista -- does the job quite nicely. Start - All
Programs - Accessories - WordPad.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Nomad" wrote in message
I have vista so it would need to be compatible with that.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike Cawood, HND BIT Mike Cawood, HND BIT is offline

"Nomad" wrote in message
I have vista so it would need to be compatible with that.

There's always Open Office writer (and the software is free)
http://www.openoffice.org/

Regards Mike.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See http://daiya.mvps.org/bookword.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Nomad" wrote in message
I have vista so it would need to be compatible with that.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Your request is a bit crass in my opinion.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Pranav Vaidya" wrote in message
I think Word 2003 home Edition is sufficient for your work.
Word 2007 is a recent version whereas 2003 is old as well as very stable.
--
Pranav Vaidya
VBA Developer

"Nomad" wrote:

I have vista so it would need to be compatible with that.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Some folks have chutzpah.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Nomad" wrote:

I have vista so it would need to be compatible with that.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Poprivet Poprivet is offline

Nomad wrote:
I have vista so it would need to be compatible with that.

IMO, it is not Word, although depending on several things, Word can be
capable and functional for such purposes. The answer really depends on what
YOU mean by a novel and what you're going to do with it.

HTH
Pop`

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dwilma Dwilma is offline

Word is your best bet saved as version 2003/97. I have written a couple of
novels in Word Perfect, but most agents and publishers want soft copies in
Word format. I had to convert the large file (133,000 words) to Word and then
go through and manually change the chapter headings and most punctuation
marks which printed out as letters or other characters. If I had known that
Word would be the lingua franca I would have strated there.

Save as 2003 or earlier since not all users have 2007.