Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
George Bell George Bell is offline

Default Word 2007 - Embedding Graphics

In Word 2003, one could embed graphics which were otherwise in separate
folders by doing Ctrl + a, going to the Edit menu, then select Links where
there was an option to embed.

I cannot for the life of me find this option in Word 2007, and have a number
of documents, all with many screen shots, and all in separate folders. I
need to be able to "Save As" Word 2003, and embed the screen shots.

So where have M$ put this option in Word 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
djprius djprius is offline

George,

I think what you want can be accessed as follows from the Ribbon in
Word 2007:

Insert | Object (in Text group)

From there, it sounds as though you'd want the "Create from file"
tab. Then you can navigate to the file you want and either embed or
link it, whichever you need.

I'm not sure why you'd need to use Ctrl+A since you can embed/link
just from the file name without selecting all the text of the document.

Maybe I've missed something in what you're trying to do.

David

George Bell wrote:
In Word 2003, one could embed graphics which were otherwise in separate
folders by doing Ctrl + a, going to the Edit menu, then select Links where
there was an option to embed.

I cannot for the life of me find this option in Word 2007, and have a number
of documents, all with many screen shots, and all in separate folders. I
need to be able to "Save As" Word 2003, and embed the screen shots.

So where have M$ put this option in Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BoniM BoniM is offline

Right click on any existing linked object and choose - Linked (type of)
Object Links... to open the same dialog box that Edit Links opened in
2003.

"George Bell" wrote:

In Word 2003, one could embed graphics which were otherwise in separate
folders by doing Ctrl + a, going to the Edit menu, then select Links where
there was an option to embed.

I cannot for the life of me find this option in Word 2007, and have a number
of documents, all with many screen shots, and all in separate folders. I
need to be able to "Save As" Word 2003, and embed the screen shots.

So where have M$ put this option in Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
George Bell George Bell is offline

Many thanks, but I eventually found the answer I was looking for. Click on
the Office button in Word, and select "Prepare".

Not exactly intuitive!

George.

"djprius" wrote:

George,

I think what you want can be accessed as follows from the Ribbon in
Word 2007:

Insert | Object (in Text group)

From there, it sounds as though you'd want the "Create from file"