Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pronet Pronet is offline

Default create a symbol?

Can I create a symbol from a typed fraction such as 2/3 in word 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"Pronet" wrote:
Can I create a symbol from a typed fraction such as 2/3 in word 2007?

Good news:
Type 2154 then Alt+X.

Bad news:
But the character for 2/3 doesn't exist in most fonts, and even if it does, many other fractions don't.

Good news:
More fonts have superscripted and subscriped numbers, and the fraction slash U+2044 and/or division slash U+2215.
So you can build any fraction using those characters.

Bad news:
There's still a lot of fonts that don't have the necessary characters.

Good news:
You can still build your own fractions using properly subscripted and superscripted numbers.

Bad news:
That's a lot of work.

Good news:
People have written macros to do the job for you.
See for example Graham Mayor's web site
http://www.gmayor.com/createfraction.htm

Regards,
Klaus
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm

"Pronet" wrote in message
Can I create a symbol from a typed fraction such as 2/3 in word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pronet Pronet is offline

Thanks Klaus

Have a look at the next reply.

Ed

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

"Pronet" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pronet Pronet is offline

Thanks Suzanne - worked perfect.

Ed

"Pronet" wrote in message
Can I create a symbol from a typed fraction such as 2/3 in word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Did you read all of Klaus's reply? You might want to check out Graham's
macro.

"Pronet" wrote in message
Thanks Klaus

Have a look at the next reply.