Gilles Desjardins

Default Table of contents issues

Hi everyone, I am using Word 2003 but sending my 114 page document (burning
on CD) to a customer who has Word 97. On my screen the TOCs look ok but when
the customer prints the document the TOCs are corrupted. I read the document
Suzanne Barnhill wrote at the MVPS Word FAQ. This gave me grounds for
concern but no real work around procedures to stop the behavior. Suzanne's
document did suggest corrupted heading styles. How would I go about finding
them short of starting all over again?

Your comments and/or help would be appreciated.

Gilles Desjardins

TF

In Word 2003, use Tools, Options, Save tab and check the box Disable
Features Introduced after... and select Word 97. Resave the file and send to
the user. If that isn't satisfactory (that is you need to use features
introduced after Word 97), get the recipient to download the free Word
Viewer and open you Word 2003 document in the viewer.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

:
: Your comments and/or help would be appreciated.
:
: Gilles Desjardins
:
:

Gilles Desjardins

Thank you Terry, this is appreciated.

Gilles Desjardins
"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
[...]

Reading layout loses table of contents ASwadener Microsoft Word Help 14 January 10th 05 04:40 PM
table of contents in thesis SSL New Users 1 January 9th 05 10:56 PM
Table Issues Karen Microsoft Word Help 4 January 5th 05 07:43 PM
How do I format my Table of Contents to have hyperlinks? fadeout Microsoft Word Help 3 December 13th 04 10:21 PM
How do i get table of contents of 5 different documents in 6th do. KK Microsoft Word Help 1 December 6th 04 06:24 PM