Jack Gillis

Default Toggling Format Marks

I seldom want to see the formatting marks but now and then I would like to
be able to toggle them on and off without using Tools/Options. Is there a
way to do this?

Thank you

Gerry Atrick

"Jack Gillis" wrote in message
I seldom want to see the formatting marks but now and then I would like to
be able to toggle them on and off without using Tools/Options. Is there a
way to do this?

Thank you

Not sure what version of Word you use - but in Word 97 CTRL+SHIFT+* (i.e.
asterisk) does this.

Michael

Jack Gillis

"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message

"Jack Gillis" wrote in message
I seldom want to see the formatting marks but now and then I would like
be able to toggle them on and off without using Tools/Options. Is there
way to do this?

Thank you

Not sure what version of Word you use - but in Word 97 CTRL+SHIFT+* (i.e.
asterisk) does this.

Michael

Thank you, Michael.

Sorry I forgot to mention I am using Word 2003 and found CTRL + SHIFT + *
does it on 2003 also.

Thanks again.

Jack Gillis

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Click the pilcrow key on the formatting toolbar - ¶
or CTRL+*

Thanks, Graham.

However there is no such Icon on my Formatting Toolbar but there is on the
Standard Toolbar which was hidden because I had the toolbars to show in just
one row and I didn't see it. Fixed that and am now a happy camper.

Thanks again.

Jack Gillis wrote:
I seldom want to see the formatting marks but now and then I would
like to be able to toggle them on and off without using
Tools/Options. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you

By default it is on the Standard toolbar; Graham just misspoke. But "power
users" use the appropriate setting (wording varies among versions) to
display the Standard and Formatting toolbars on two rows and always show
full menus so that commands and buttons don't "hide."