Spaceman

Default Hyperlink Problems in Word 2000

We are having trouble getting a file opened with the correct application via
a Word hyperlink. We have configured a file type .dwg via Folder Options to
always be opened with application X. When you double click on the file type
in Windows Explorer the file is opened with application X. We have created
hyperlinks to .dwg files in Word 2000. Some users click on the hyperlink and
the .dwg file is opened with application Y. Application Y was the default
application for these users before application X was installed and associated
with .dwg file. Users that never had application Y installed their computers
do not have any problems.

Any ideas on how to get Word the use the file type associations that have
been set up?