Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Michael Michael is offline

Default Document Map

How to I open a document without the document map showing?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Haved you tried ViewDocument Map ?
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Michael" wrote in message
How to I open a document without the document map showing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Michael Michael is offline

Yes. View does have "Document Map" for closure, but it's not a command for
ALL Word Documents. Just the current one. I can't remember if I had turned
it off from times past. It was just a couple of days ago, that Document Map
reappeared. I don't know what triggered it back on.

"Michael" wrote in message
How to I open a document without the document map showing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you close the document map before exiting Word, it should remain
closed when you restart Word. However, also note that the document map
may be displayed in one view (say Print Layout) and hidden in another.
(This is similar to having different zoom ratios in different views.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Michael" wrote in message
How to I open a document without the document map showing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

If you open a document all you do is toggle off the DocMap (or change the
view zoom), Word won't save the change. You have to make a 'real' edit
before it will save and remember the view changes.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Michael" wrote in message
How to I open a document without the document map showing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mkate Mkate is offline

Hello,

I am having a problem with the Document Map also and noticed this post. I
turned the Document Map on in a file and then turned it off and finished my
work.

Now everytime I open Word I have the Document Map opened with a thumbnail
view of the blank page (if new file) or (many thumbnails if it is a large
file). I have to click Document Map and then the headings show and then click
it again to close it before I can get rid of the thumbnail view and close the
Document Map. I did open a blank file and made some edits and closed the
Document Map and saved the file. I shut down Word and reopen it and bingo I
have the thumbnail view right back. Is there a way to permanently turn this
off?

Thank you for your resonse.
--
Mkate