Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
OE OE is offline

Default Print date field on last page

Thanks, Graham.

What I would like to do is to put the Print field in the footer of the last
page only. Is this possible, please?

Insert a printdate field on the last page?

"oe" wrote in message news:...
I have a Project List which is updated periodically. As only the last page
needs to be printed with the latest projects, I would like to have a Print
field showing the date on the last page only.

How do I achieve this, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You then need
{IF{Page} = {Numpages} "{Printdate \@ "d MMM yyyy"}"}
in the footer - adjust the date switch to taste.
Use CTRL+F9 for the field boundaries then update (F9) and if necessary
ALT+F9 to toggle the display.

oe wrote:
Thanks, Graham.

What I would like to do is to put the Print field in the footer of
the last page only. Is this possible, please?

Insert a printdate field on the last page?

I have a Project List which is updated periodically. As only the
last page needs to be printed with the latest projects, I would like
to have a Print field showing the date on the last page only.

How do I achieve this, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
OE OE is offline

Oops - think I'm missing something!
When I printed this with "dd/mm/yy", I got the dates 30/17/2006 and
30/28/06!

oe wrote:
Thanks, Graham.

What I would like to do is to put the Print field in the footer of
the last page only. Is this possible, please?

Insert a printdate field on the last page?

I have a Project List which is updated periodically. As only the
last page needs to be printed with the latest projects, I would like
to have a Print field showing the date on the last page only.

How do I achieve this, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you never use minutes (and I never do), it's easy to forget. I don't
think any of the other switches are case-sensitive, so you could get in the
habit of using all caps ("DD/MM/YY").

"oe" wrote in message
Thank you, Suzanne. I had forgotten that!
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Lowercase m is minutes; uppercase M is required for month. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/DateFields.htm.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

oe wrote:
Thanks, Graham.

What I would like to do is to put the Print field in the footer of
the last page only. Is this possible, please?

Insert a printdate field on the last page?

I have a Project List which is updated periodically. As only the
last page needs to be printed with the latest projects, I would

like
to have a Print field showing the date on the last page only.

How do I achieve this, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
OE OE is offline

Sorry to bother you again but having got the date to work correctly, I can't
get the month to show in upper case letters. This doesn't appear to be
included in the options.