Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
moushia moushia is offline

Default mail merge with Excel not work

With W XP/office 2002 0r 03/
I follow the instructions of the Mail merge wizard, follow all the steps,
retrieve file from DOCs, select columns etc and when I get to preview the
labels they are all blank.

Actually I'm not doing a mailing list. I'm using the labels to attach on
books in a volunteer library. I use three columns from the Excel to transfer
and be printed in two lines, the title, price and number of copies .

I read many of the questions and answers on this newsgroup but none seemed
to apply also I read the
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm seems very detailed
and I'm lost.

Many thanks

moushia
moushia
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

How far did you get before you got lost. I suggest that instead of using
the Wizard, you activate the Mail Merge toolbar by selecting Toolbars from
the View menu and then checking the Mail Merge item. That toolbar contains
buttons for all of the steps required to setup and perform a mailmerge.
Make sure that you do not miss the one that propogates the arrangement of
the mergefields that you insert in the first label on the sheet to the other
labels in the mailmerge main document.

Graham's instructions however are quite clear, so if you follow them, you
should be able to do it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"moushia" wrote in message
With W XP/office 2002 0r 03/
I follow the instructions of the Mail merge wizard, follow all the steps,
retrieve file from DOCs, select columns etc and when I get to preview the
labels they are all blank.

Actually I'm not doing a mailing list. I'm using the labels to attach on
books in a volunteer library. I use three columns from the Excel to
transfer
and be printed in two lines, the title, price and number of copies .

I read many of the questions and answers on this newsgroup but none seemed
to apply also I read the
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm seems very
detailed
and I'm lost.

Many thanks

moushia
moushia

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
moushia moushia is offline

Thanks Doug. After I posted my question I went back to Graham's instructions
and tried some more. My problem was the conversion to transfer the excel
file. Finally I managed that, and everything else was ok using the tool bar
and not the wizard.
Many thanks for the reply
moushia