Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug akkrug is offline

Default Need to Delete an Autotext line in one of my documents

I have a document that looks ok as long as it isn't protected or is protected
for Tracked changes only. We protect all of our forms by selecting Tools,
Protect & protect for forms. Once the form is saved this way. There are
several lines that display Errror! Auto Text entry not defined. Is there a
way to delete these autotext entries?

Thanks for the Help!!

Ken K. - 2191
--
akkrug
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed Ed is offline

Hi Ken,

It sounds like the document contains some AUTOTEXT fields and the autotext
entries that relate to those fields are no nonger available to the document -
maybe they've been deleted from the template that contained them or maybe the
relevant template is itself no longer available to the document.

Unprotect the document and toggle to "field codes" view (Alt+F9) and the
fields should show up.

Cheers.

Ed