Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Justlearning Justlearning is offline

Default Hyperlink to wpd results in "no program registered"

I have a document that has hyperlinks to wpd files. I can open the files
directly, but when I use the hyperlink I get an error that says "no program
registered".

I tried changing the extension on both the actual document and the hyperlink
to doc, still no luck.

I've also tried adding a new wpd file association and using "detect and
repair", but to no avail.

Any solutions?
--
Justlearning
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?SnVzdGxlYXJuaW5n?=,

I have a document that has hyperlinks to wpd files. I can open the files
directly, but when I use the hyperlink I get an error that says "no program
registered".

I tried changing the extension on both the actual document and the hyperlink
to doc, still no luck.

In which application should these files be opening? Have you tried

1. Right-click a file of this type in Windows Explorer

2. "Open with..."

3. Activate "Select program from list"

4. Select the application in the list of Programs, then activate the "Always
use selected program to open this kind of file". OK.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)