Robert

Default Workgroup Templates

How do I set up all my Office users to use the same Workgroup Templates
folder without manually doing this for them?
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 05:43:05 -0800, Robert
wrote:

How do I set up all my Office users to use the same Workgroup Templates
folder without manually doing this for them?

There's a way using a .reg file exported from Regedit.exe, but it
depends on all the users having the same version of Office. If that's
the case, tell me which version that is, and I'll tell you how to set
it up.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Jay Freedman

wrote:

How do I set up all my Office users to use the same Workgroup
Templates folder without manually doing this for them?

There's a way using a .reg file exported from Regedit.exe, but it
depends on all the users having the same version of Office. If that's
the case, tell me which version that is, and I'll tell you how to set
it up.

On second thought, this could easily become a fiasco, since distributing and
using a .reg file is a serious security risk. Properly patched copies of
Outlook won't let you attach a .reg file, so you'd have to zip it, and it
sounds like that's getting too complicated for your users.

I'm cross-posting this reply to the newsgroup that's most appropriate for
configuration problems, microsoft.public.office.setup. If you have trouble
finding it on the Microsoft discussion site, try
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...c.office.setup.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman