Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Esnat Esnat is offline

Default "Field" format for a form

I am using Word 2003. I am using the term "field" because I don't know what
else to call it. I want to create a form that will be filled out, but
protect the line names and headings. I found a template that does it - the
Market Research Survey template that I down loaded. It is using a command
for the "field" that I have not seen before - it uses the little zero (degree
symbol). Any informatin on how to do this, or what it is called would be
greatly appricated. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Sounds like what you want is a protected form, created using form fields.
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and
especially the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.