Homeschool Dad

Default Create instructional text that erases when someone types there.

I'm trying to create a form in Word that is similar to the Design Templates
in Publisher, where the instructional text I type in is erased when they type
in that place. Anyone know how that can be done?

marriedhsdad

Suzanne,

I went he http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22
The article pointed in the right direction, but I want to create the form in
the header. When I follow the instructions, the "Text Form Field" is not
available. It is available if I exit the header, but not while I'm in there.
Any suggestions?

Homeschool Dad

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm

"Homeschool Dad" Homeschool wrote in message
news
I'm trying to create a form in Word that is similar to the Design

Templates
in Publisher, where the instructional text I type in is erased when they

type
in that place. Anyone know how that can be done?

Charles Kenyon

While you could put a macrobutton field in a header, it wouldn't do you any
good, and in a protected form you couldn't even get to it.

Would it work to put the information in the body of your form, even if you
also need it in the header? You could then use a REF field or a StyleRef
field to pull the information into the header.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm

so
all may benefit.

"Homeschool Dad" Homeschool wrote in
message
news
I'm trying to create a form in Word that is similar to the Design

Templates
in Publisher, where the instructional text I type in is erased when
they

type
in that place. Anyone know how that can be done?

If you went to the article I recommended, you would see that it can be done
without form fields.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Homeschool Dad" Homeschool wrote in

message
news
I'm trying to create a form in Word that is similar to the Design

Templates
in Publisher, where the instructional text I type in is erased when

they
type
in that place. Anyone know how that can be done?

marriedhsdad

Charles,

The paper is for a college class I'm teaching. I give them the homework on
disk and I'm asking them to type their name in the header so it appears on
every page.

Homeschool Dad

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm

so
all may benefit.

"Homeschool Dad" Homeschool wrote in
message
news I'm trying to create a form in Word that is similar to the Design
Templates
in Publisher, where the instructional text I type in is erased when
they
type
in that place. Anyone know how that can be done?

marriedhsdad

Suzanne,

I must be missing something here. The place I'm following is the first set
of instructions. The others didn't seem to apply to my scenario.

I'm trying to create a document that can be saved to disk for students to
complete. They will be typing in their homework. I simply want to put in the
header a place for their name, like "Type Your Name Here," so it appears on
every page. I was hoping this would help keep their individual pages
identifiable.

Is there another application I should be following, or is there something
I'm doing incorrectly? I appreciate your assistance and patience.

Homeschool Dad

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Homeschool Dad" Homeschool wrote in

message
news I'm trying to create a form in Word that is similar to the Design
Templates
in Publisher, where the instructional text I type in is erased when

they
type
in that place. Anyone know how that can be done?

marriedhsdad

Suzanne,

I appologize. I went back and tried it again, and it worked. Thank you for
your help. It's good to know knowledgeable folks are available to help.
Again, thank you.

Homeschool Dad

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm

"Homeschool Dad" Homeschool wrote in message
news
I'm trying to create a form in Word that is similar to the Design

Templates
in Publisher, where the instructional text I type in is erased when they

type
in that place. Anyone know how that can be done?

A MacroButton NoMacro field (as described in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm) will do exactly
what you want to do. It displays whatever text you have typed as the
"prompt." When users click on the field, the entire field is selected and
(provided "Typing replaces selection" is enabled), whatever they type
replaces the field.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Homeschool Dad" Homeschool wrote in

message
news I'm trying to create a form in Word that is similar to the Design
Templates
in Publisher, where the instructional text I type in is erased

when
they
type
in that place. Anyone know how that can be done?

Daiya Mitchell

Side note. I teach college too. I consider it a bonus if some of my
requirements force them to learn how to use Word, even if I have to tell
them how. I would just give them instructions how on to View | Header
Footer, type their name in, and hit the # icon for the page number.

Personal preference.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

While you could put a macrobutton field in a header, it wouldn't do you any
good, and in a protected form you couldn't even get to it.

Would it work to put the information in the body of your form, even if you
also need it in the header? You could then use a REF field or a StyleRef
field to pull the information into the header.

Word 2003 text erases nonstop after hitting backspace key GracieBee Microsoft Word Help 2 April 13th 05 10:58 PM
Can I easily create a tab-delimited file from plain text in Word? mpiper Microsoft Word Help 1 March 8th 05 09:47 PM
automatically create text box for linked text ABGumby Microsoft Word Help 2 February 23rd 05 12:53 AM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
How do you create a Word template with permanent text fields? Medical Admin Microsoft Word Help 1 December 9th 04 02:22 AM