Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default outline toolbar

How do I force the outline toolbar NOT to show up when I am in Outline view
in MS Word 2003? When I go to View/toolbars and uncheck it, it always comes
back on when I am working on items in the Outline view. I cannot get rid of
it....

I need to get rid of it because it conflicts with the Endnote toolbar I also
use in this Outline view. (And only in Outline view is there a conflict.)
When both toolbars are there they make the Outline View screen jump and
flicker. thank.s
--
JRF
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

The following macro will replace the Outline View internal call and switch
off the toolbar when Outline view is selected.

Sub ViewOutlineMaster()
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Type = wdMasterView
CommandBars("Outlining").Visible = False
End Sub

wrote:
How do I force the outline toolbar NOT to show up when I am in
Outline view in MS Word 2003? When I go to View/toolbars and uncheck
it, it always comes back on when I am working on items in the Outline
view. I cannot get rid of it....

I need to get rid of it because it conflicts with the Endnote toolbar
I also use in this Outline view. (And only in Outline view is there a
conflict.) When both toolbars are there they make the Outline View
screen jump and flicker. thank.s

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi, I made the macro, ViewOutlineMaster, with the code you gave me, but when
I try to run it, click on it under macros and click on run, I get the error
message about an ambiguous macro name?
--
JRF

wrote:
How do I force the outline toolbar NOT to show up when I am in
Outline view in MS Word 2003? When I go to View/toolbars and uncheck
it, it always comes back on when I am working on items in the Outline
view. I cannot get rid of it....

I need to get rid of it because it conflicts with the Endnote toolbar
I also use in this Outline view. (And only in Outline view is there a
conflict.) When both toolbars are there they make the Outline View
screen jump and flicker. thank.s

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

The code merely duplicates an internal Word function. Have you entered it
correctly?
The debug routine should take you to the specific error. My guess is you
have something like

Sub ViewOutlineMaster()