Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sally in Texas Sally in Texas is offline

Default mail merge into form

I have a form that is to be filled out by hand by our clients. I want to
merge the information we have on them into the fields, and let them update it
by hand. Each field has a line (underlining) for them to fill in the
information. If I put a mail merge field on the line, the line extends or
"bounces" and destroys the formatting. How do I merge into a field with a
line? Can I "lock" the form somehow? Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Set your form up as a table with a border applied to the bottom of selected
cells.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.