Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nicol Nicol is offline

Default Merge numbers as currency lining up digits

Thanks for everyones help with merging numbers as currency but how do you set
it so they will line up correctly.

for example in my merge letter I have

$00,000
$0,000

How can i get it so the second line will line up with the first as far as
the decimal places?

Thanks
Nicol
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Use a decimal tab and format the mergefield(s) with a switch thus
Tab {Mergefield fieldname \# "$,0.00"}
The currency amounts will align to the decimal.