Debra Ann

Default Protect Bookmarks

Is there a way on preventing a user from deleting bookmarks that are needed
to run macros on a toolbar. I am using many bookmarks in my document to
locate areas where I want to go if they hit a certain button. Maybe I could
use something other than bookmarks. I believe the only way they can delete
them is if they go into the Bookmark Popup menu and delete if from there. I
don't believe they can delete it from the document. Or can they.
--
Debra Ann
Anne Troy

Sure they can, Debra, by simply overtyping them. If you have areas that need
protection, perhaps you should be creating a fill-in form?
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Debra Ann" wrote in message
Is there a way on preventing a user from deleting bookmarks that are
needed
to run macros on a toolbar. I am using many bookmarks in my document to
locate areas where I want to go if they hit a certain button. Maybe I
could
use something other than bookmarks. I believe the only way they can
delete
them is if they go into the Bookmark Popup menu and delete if from there.
don't believe they can delete it from the document. Or can they.
--
Debra Ann

Debra Ann

We're trying to avoid forms because of protection issues. But we may need to
go that route anyways since there does not seem to be a way to hide or
protect the bookmarks.

Thanks.
--
Debra Ann

"Debra Ann" wrote in message
Is there a way on preventing a user from deleting bookmarks that are
needed
to run macros on a toolbar. I am using many bookmarks in my document to
locate areas where I want to go if they hit a certain button. Maybe I
could
use something other than bookmarks. I believe the only way they can
delete
them is if they go into the Bookmark Popup menu and delete if from there.
don't believe they can delete it from the document. Or can they.
--
Debra Ann

troubleshooting hyperlink bookmarks Kat Page Layout 2 August 29th 05 12:57 PM
Bookmarks appearing in HTML Format document links AndyBear Microsoft Word Help 3 June 1st 05 02:45 PM
Can't protect my form BCBC Tables 2 May 17th 05 09:18 PM
All I want to do is protect my Word document. Why is XP so diffe. I Hate Computers Microsoft Word Help 3 January 13th 05 09:56 PM
How to protect bookmarks Flip Microsoft Word Help 6 November 30th 04 12:38 PM