Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pammy Pammy is offline

Default protected document and macro

I have a form set up and it is protected to fillin fields. I want a macro
set-up that when i fill this form out and save it with a report name and then
another person opens up this same report, I want them to use the control key
+ A to add another blank form as a second page and so on. This way it keeps
the same reports together. I cannot get this to work with a protected form.
I am using office 2003.
Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix at news.microsoft.com Gordon Bentley-Mix at news.microsoft.com is offline

Pammy,

Your macro must be written to unprotect the form before adding any content
to it. The macro can then re-protect the form afterwards. You shouldn't have
any problems with users gaining access to the form while it's unprotected as
the macro will have control of Word while it's running and will prevent
anyone from doing anything until the macro is finished.

If you need help with the macro, I'd recommend posting a question n the Word
Programming newsgroup, which is where the geeks (myself included ;-P) hang
out.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!