Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marilyn Marilyn is offline

Default Table of Contents

I have a cookbook I'm trying to do a main table of contents for. My folder
has multiple recipe files, ie: beef, beverage, breads, etc that I wish to put
in one TOC for the beginning of the book. Each of these files has it's own
TOC already. I've tried opening a new page and putting a TOC there but am
doing something wrong.

Can anybody help me with this?

I've gone to the training courses on-line but the TOC III doesn't really
cover this abd I think these courses need to be more comprehensive in their
presentations.
--
Totally confused

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marilyn Marilyn is offline

PamC,

The link you sent refers to Word 2002 and 2003. Will the same steps work in
2007?
I don't know if your post helped me or not but I will print it out and try
it later.
--
Totally confused

Marilyn wrote:
I have a cookbook I'm trying to do a main table of contents for. My folder
has multiple recipe files, ie: beef, beverage, breads, etc that I wish to put
in one TOC for the beginning of the book. Each of these files has it's own
TOC already. I've tried opening a new page and putting a TOC there but am
doing something wrong.

Can anybody help me with this?

I've gone to the training courses on-line but the TOC III doesn't really
cover this abd I think these courses need to be more comprehensive in their
presentations.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes.

You may also find this link helpful:

http://www.stcuk.org/newsletters/Apr...ord-refdoc.htm

Marilyn wrote:
PamC,

The link you sent refers to Word 2002 and 2003. Will the same steps work in
2007?
I don't know if your post helped me or not but I will print it out and try
it later.
See if this helps
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html

[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
cover this abd I think these courses need to be more comprehensive in their
presentations.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marilyn Marilyn is offline

Okay, I created a TOC in the same folder as my documents but when I tried to
put RD in the brackets, I lost the brackets as soon as I hit the "D". If
somebody can "outline" the steps to do it with the field codes on a separate
page, I would appreciate it. I'm really getting frustrated!
--
Totally confused

Marilyn wrote:
I have a cookbook I'm trying to do a main table of contents for. My folder
has multiple recipe files, ie: beef, beverage, breads, etc that I wish to put
in one TOC for the beginning of the book. Each of these files has it's own
TOC already. I've tried opening a new page and putting a TOC there but am
doing something wrong.

Can anybody help me with this?

I've gone to the training courses on-line but the TOC III doesn't really
cover this abd I think these courses need to be more comprehensive in their
presentations.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In W2007 you can type the information , such as RC meats.docx, then select it
and press ctrl+F9. Make sure teh insertion point is o the right of the close
bracket before you press enter.

PamC