Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vik M

Default Lock document in word

I want to lock my document in MS Word so no one can modify as well copy and
paste into another sheet. Is this possible? All I want is for people to
access the document and nothing else. Possible?
I have tried protecting changes, but I can still cut and paste into another
document and make changes.

Thanks
Vik
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Not possible for any document, in any file format: if the user can display
it, they can save it, copy it, change it, and print it. You can restrict
them a little by converting the document to PDF; but the 'security' provided
is entirely illusory.

"Vik M" Vik wrote in message
I want to lock my document in MS Word so no one can modify as well copy and
paste into another sheet. Is this possible? All I want is for people to
access the document and nothing else. Possible?
I have tried protecting changes, but I can still cut and paste into
another
document and make changes.

Thanks
Vik

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis

If one has Adobe Acrobat (not the reader), text in a pdf can be easily
changed
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
PDF is the closest you can come.

so
all may benefit.

"Vik M" Vik wrote in message
I want to lock my document in MS Word so no one can modify as well copy

and
paste into another sheet. Is this possible? All I want is for people to
access the document and nothing else. Possible?
I have tried protecting changes, but I can still cut and paste into

another
document and make changes.

Thanks
Vik

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Depends on what you mean by "easily." I have Acrobat, and I have never
figured out how to satisfactorily edit text in a PDF.

"Chuck Davis" newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com wrote in message
If one has Adobe Acrobat (not the reader), text in a pdf can be easily
changed
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
PDF is the closest you can come.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Vik M" Vik wrote in message
I want to lock my document in MS Word so no one can modify as well copy

and
paste into another sheet. Is this possible? All I want is for people

access the document and nothing else. Possible?
I have tried protecting changes, but I can still cut and paste into

another
document and make changes.

Thanks
Vik

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

It's not the easiest program, is it? It can be done but difficult to do
cleanly.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Vik M" Vik wrote in message
I want to lock my document in MS Word so no one can modify as well
copy
and
paste into another sheet. Is this possible? All I want is for people

access the document and nothing else. Possible?
I have tried protecting changes, but I can still cut and paste into
another
document and make changes.

Thanks
Vik

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis

Suzanne,

Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Pro. Right click on a blank space on the tool bar and
click on Advanced Editing. Click on the TouchUp Text Tool. Then place the
insertion mark at the point you wish to edit (touch up) the text. Hold down
the Ctrl key and left click. Fonts will be loaded and the original font will
be preseleted. You can change if you wish.

Keep in mind, the tool is not to be used for wholesale changes.

Chuck