Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
umarian umarian is offline

Default didn't save changes to a wrod document

Help! I accidentally clicked 'no' when asked if I wanted to save the changes
to a document I'd been working on several hours. My 'automatically create a
back-up copy' was off as well. Is there any way of recovering the lost
information?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Faulkner Mike Faulkner is offline

Umarian

Unfortunately there is no way to retrieve your unsaved data. Use Ctrl+S or
File|Save often, often & often.

Regards
Mike

"umarian" wrote:

Help! I accidentally clicked 'no' when asked if I wanted to save the changes
to a document I'd been working on several hours. My 'automatically create a
back-up copy' was off as well. Is there any way of recovering the lost
information?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
umarian umarian is offline

Thanks, Mike. I feared as much. I really wish the question "do you want to
save the changes..." before closing a document was asked twice...or some
other double check. Then this wouldn't have happened to me.
--
umarian

"umarian" wrote:

Help! I accidentally clicked 'no' when asked if I wanted to save the changes
to a document I'd been working on several hours. My 'automatically create a
back-up copy' was off as well. Is there any way of recovering the lost
information?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Faulkner Mike Faulkner is offline

Umarian

You could write some VBA code to prompt you twice. But saving often is the
best solution. Incidently Backing up often, to external media, is a 'must' as
well.

Regards
Mike