Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KP Apopka KP Apopka is offline

Default Why can't I scan directly into a Word document like I used to?

I used to scan documents and pictures directly from my scanner into my Word
documents by going to the menu "insert", "from scanner". Then I upgraded to
the more recent version of Word and now that choice is not available. Why?
Or am I missing something.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

It's also still available from the user interface in 2007, just hidden
better.

Insert = Clip Art = Organize clips ... = File = Add Clips to Organizer
= From Scanner or Camera

Yves

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
See http://www.gmayor.com/scan_into_word_2007.htm

"KP Apopka" KP wrote in message
I used to scan documents and pictures directly from my scanner into my
Word
documents by going to the menu "insert", "from scanner". Then I upgraded
the more recent version of Word and now that choice is not available.
Why?
Or am I missing something.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robb Salzmann Robb Salzmann is offline

Default Yves, this does not address the original issue

Your post does not indicate how to scan an image directly from scanner to the currently open word doc.

This was a 2 step process before 2007. Now it requires many steps - as indicated by your post - where you left out "Drag icon of scanned image from the folder in clip organizer you scanned it to to the document where you want it.

Yves Dhondt wrote:

it is also still available from the user interface in 2007, just hiddenbetter.
11-Mar-10

it is also still available from the user interface in 2007, just hidden
better.

Insert = Clip Art = Organize clips ... = File = Add Clips to Organizer
= From Scanner or Camera

Yves

On Wednesday, March 10, 2010 11:30 PM
KP Apopka wrote:

Why can't I scan directly into a Word document like I used to?
I used to scan documents and pictures directly from my scanner into my Word
documents by going to the menu "insert", "from scanner". Then I upgraded to
the more recent version of Word and now that choice is not available. Why?
Or am I missing something.

On Thursday, March 11, 2010 12:53 AM
Graham Mayor wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/scan_into_word_2007.
See http://www.gmayor.com/scan_into_word_2007.htm

On Thursday, March 11, 2010 4:54 AM
Yves Dhondt wrote:

it is also still available from the user interface in 2007, just hiddenbetter.
it is also still available from the user interface in 2007, just hidden
better.

Insert = Clip Art = Organize clips ... = File = Add Clips to Organizer
= From Scanner or Camera

Yves

WPF Circular Progress Indicator
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...gress-ind.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
joe doe joe doe is offline

Default cannot scan doc into word 2007 + 2010 yes this is true

for word 2007
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...548791033.aspx

yes looks like microsoft took off this nice feature after word 2003. we all should write in and request a patch to bring it back and from office 2007 and on you cannot scan in anymore. Each upgrade of office should be better NOT talking off old useful task.

To all office user...please write in to microsoft and request back this feature.

KP Apopka wrote:

Why can't I scan directly into a Word document like I used to?
10-Mar-10

Yves Dhondt wrote:

it is also still available from the user interface in 2007, just hiddenbetter.
it is also still available from the user interface in 2007, just hidden
better.

Insert = Clip Art = Organize clips ... = File = Add Clips to Organizer
= From Scanner or Camera

Yves

On Monday, April 05, 2010 5:07 PM
Robb Salzmann wrote:

Yves, this does not address the original issue
Your post does not indicate how to scan an image directly from scanner to the currently open word doc.

This was a 2 step process before 2007. Now it requires many steps - as indicated by your post - where you left out "Drag icon of scanned image from the folder in clip organizer you scanned it to to the document where you want it.

BizTalk: Incorporating conditional If / Else Functoid Logic in a map.
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...rating-co.aspx