Jenny E

Default Sort a table in an unprotected section of a protected document

I would like to use the sort function in a table that is in an unprotected
section of a document protected for forms. When the document is protected,
however, the sort function on the tables menu is greyed out even when my
cursor is in the unprotected section. Is there any way around this? I am
using Word 2002 and Windows 2000.
--
Thanks,
Jenny
Doug Robbins

Use the following code in a macro

ActiveDocument.Unprotect
If Selection.Information(wdWithInTable) = True Then
Dialogs(wdDialogTableSort).Show
End If
ActiveDocument.Protect wdAllowOnlyFormFields, NoReset

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Jenny E" wrote in message
I would like to use the sort function in a table that is in an unprotected
section of a document protected for forms. When the document is
protected,
however, the sort function on the tables menu is greyed out even when my
cursor is in the unprotected section. Is there any way around this? I am
using Word 2002 and Windows 2000.
--
Thanks,
Jenny

Jenny E

Forgive my lack of knowledge on this. I have created the macro, but now am
unable to protect the document. What am I doing wrong?
--
Thanks so much for your reply. Am very grateful for the help!
Jenny

"Jenny E" wrote in message
I would like to use the sort function in a table that is in an unprotected
section of a document protected for forms. When the document is
protected,
however, the sort function on the tables menu is greyed out even when my
cursor is in the unprotected section. Is there any way around this? I am
using Word 2002 and Windows 2000.
--
Thanks,
Jenny

Doug Robbins

The document will need to be protected when the macro is run. To be able to
run a macro in a protected document, the macro will need to either be called
On exit from a formfield, be assigned to the keyboard or assigned to a
toolbar button.

See section 3 of the article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm

--

"Jenny E" wrote in message
I would like to use the sort function in a table that is in an
unprotected
section of a document protected for forms. When the document is
protected,
however, the sort function on the tables menu is greyed out even when
my
cursor is in the unprotected section. Is there any way around this? I
am
using Word 2002 and Windows 2000.
--
Thanks,
Jenny

Jenny E

Doug - This is fantastic. The document doesn't lend itself to the macro
being assigned to the keyboard or run upon exit from a field, but assigning a
toolbar button is perfect. Works like a charm.

Thanks again for your help. So glad to have found this resource!
Jenny