Bert Keegstra

Default Data get lost when form is unprotected and protected again

In Word 2002 SP2 the text entered in a self made form are lost (the form
remains OK) when the form is unprotected and protected again using the menu
extraprotection (?) (in Dutch: ExtraDocument beveiligen). However, when I
do the same using the LOCK button on the forms toolbar, the data are saved.
The former situation seem incorrect to me.

Kinds regards,
Bert Keegstra
Doug Robbins

That's the way it used to be, and it used to be necessary to use a macro
(ActiveDocument.Protect, NoReset) to avoid losing data from FormFields. Now
at least, you can just use the lock button instead.

In most cases however with forms that are designed for other people to fill
in, you don't want them unprotecting the form so you would apply a password
and reprotecting the form is never an issue.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP