Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
skooltcheer skooltcheer is offline

Default Switch page order

I have a 2 page document. I want to switch the order of the pages. Is it
possible?
--
Skooltcheer
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Copy and paste.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"skooltcheer" wrote in message
I have a 2 page document. I want to switch the order of the pages. Is it
possible?
--
Skooltcheer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Freeman Dan Freeman is offline

Can't you just reverse the order when you print it?

skooltcheer wrote:
I have a 2 page document. I want to switch the order of the pages.
Is it possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com is offline

Unlike slides in PowerPoint, the concept of a "page" in Word is very fluid
and is influenced by (among other thngs) font size, paper size, margins and
even the selected printer. Word basically just flows the content of the
document together and then breaks the text up into chunks based on the above
criteria. These chunks are then displayed on the screen (and printed) as
separate pages. The only exception to this process is if there are manually
inserted page breaks in the document - and even then content is still a
more-or-less contiguous piece, as is evidenced by what happens when
sufficient content is added before the manual page break.

Accordingly, the process for "switch[ing] the order of the pages" is as
Joanne recommended: cut and paste the content of the second page to position
it before the content of the first page. Unless of course all you want to do
is print the pages in a different order, in which case Dan's advice is best.
However, the ability to do so may be under the control of the printer.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!