Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bettina Bettina is offline

Default Hyperlinks - HELP!

I received a word file where I've been instructed to add hyperlinks.

I highlighted the words I want to hyperlink, choose insert hyperlink and a
box appears. I choose, select a place in this document but only four titles
show up that have nothing to do with the headings in this file.

Why won't the hyperlinks work?

--
Bettina
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you haven't used Word's built-in heading styles (or other styles with a
heading outline level), Word won't recognize your text as headings. You can
explicitly bookmark text and hyperlink to the bookmark.

"Bettina" wrote in message
I received a word file where I've been instructed to add hyperlinks.

I highlighted the words I want to hyperlink, choose insert hyperlink and a
box appears. I choose, select a place in this document but only four

titles
show up that have nothing to do with the headings in this file.

Why won't the hyperlinks work?

--
Bettina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dennist685 dennist685 is offline

In word 2003, I'd select aword or phrase, copy the hyperlink, click the
insert menu, click on hyperlink, and psste in the hyperlink. Ten the
selected text was a different colorand all was fine.

In 2007, I can't find insert - hyperlink. Can somebody help.

Dennis

"Bettina" wrote in message
I received a word file where I've been instructed to add hyperlinks.

I highlighted the words I want to hyperlink, choose insert hyperlink and a
box appears. I choose, select a place in this document but only four

titles
show up that have nothing to do with the headings in this file.

Why won't the hyperlinks work?

--
Bettina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

How about Insert (tab on the Ribbon) Hyperlink (button on the Ribbon)?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"dennist685" schreef in bericht

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you haven't used Word's built-in heading styles (or other styles with
heading outline level), Word won't recognize your text as headings. You
can
explicitly bookmark text and hyperlink to the bookmark.

so
all may benefit.

"Bettina" wrote in message
I received a word file where I've been instructed to add hyperlinks.

I highlighted the words I want to hyperlink, choose insert hyperlink
and a
box appears. I choose, select a place in this document but only four

titles
show up that have nothing to do with the headings in this file.

Why won't the hyperlinks work?

--
Bettina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeanne M Jeanne M is offline

I have the same problem, though I am already using the built-in heading
styles (and have experiince wtih using them - thanks to the Word MVP
support.) All of my "Heading 1" are showing up in the hyperlink selection box
except for the one I want to hyperlink. I'll use the bookmark work-around
suggestion (thanks for that) but can you think of why that particular heading
might not be working? All I can think of is that all the other "Heading 1"
entries are numbered, and this is "Appendix A" --- could that be the problem?
If so, I'll just always use the Bookmark work-around in these cases.

Thanks, Susan.
Jeanne

"Bettina" wrote in message
I received a word file where I've been instructed to add hyperlinks.

I highlighted the words I want to hyperlink, choose insert hyperlink and a
box appears. I choose, select a place in this document but only four

titles
show up that have nothing to do with the headings in this file.

Why won't the hyperlinks work?

--
Bettina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If they're all Heading 1, they should all be showing, so I have no
explanation.

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you haven't used Word's built-in heading styles (or other styles with

heading outline level), Word won't recognize your text as headings. You

can
explicitly bookmark text and hyperlink to the bookmark.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Bettina" wrote in message
I received a word file where I've been instructed to add hyperlinks.

I highlighted the words I want to hyperlink, choose insert hyperlink

and a
box appears. I choose, select a place in this document but only four

titles
show up that have nothing to do with the headings in this file.

Why won't the hyperlinks work?

--
Bettina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Jeanne

Jeanne M wrote:
I have the same problem, though I am already using the built-in heading
styles (and have experiince wtih using them - thanks to the Word MVP
support.) All of my "Heading 1" are showing up in the hyperlink selection box
except for the one I want to hyperlink. I'll use the bookmark work-around
suggestion (thanks for that) but can you think of why that particular heading
might not be working? All I can think of is that all the other "Heading 1"
entries are numbered, and this is "Appendix A" --- could that be the problem?
If so, I'll just always use the Bookmark work-around in these cases.

Don't have much to add myself. The heading entry itself is in the body
text layer (not, say, in the header)?

0.2¢
Robert
--