Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JGreg7 JGreg7 is offline

Default Does Word / Office 2003 work in Windows 7

Can anyone tell me if Word / Office 2003 works reliably and stably in Windows
7?

It is time for a new computer, and Windows XP is generally unavailable on
the new computers and I simply do not wish to spend the time to learn a new
set of menus in Word / Office 2007.

As a general gripe, the biggest benefit of Windows over the years is that
the menus were always similar between Windows versions and most of the
programs that ran on Windows. Re-arranging the entire menu structure for no
reason seems more like a move to discourage upgrades rather than promote them.

--
Thank you,
John Gregory
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No problems here running Word 2003 under Windows 7

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"JGreg7" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me if Word / Office 2003 works reliably and stably in
Windows
7?

It is time for a new computer, and Windows XP is generally unavailable on
the new computers and I simply do not wish to spend the time to learn a
new
set of menus in Word / Office 2007.

As a general gripe, the biggest benefit of Windows over the years is that
the menus were always similar between Windows versions and most of the
programs that ran on Windows. Re-arranging the entire menu structure for
no
reason seems more like a move to discourage upgrades rather than promote
them.

--
Thank you,
John Gregory

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Yes, Office 2003 runs just fine in Windows 7.

When you get the new computer, if you're keeping your current printer,
check the printer manufacturer's web site for an updated driver. Word
doesn't work without a default printer.

I won't argue about menus vs. ribbons. Some people are happy with
ribbons, others hate them. I use both interchangeably -- I have Word
2003 and Word 2007 running on the same machine.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 14:46:01 -0800, JGreg7
wrote:

Can anyone tell me if Word / Office 2003 works reliably and stably in Windows
7?

It is time for a new computer, and Windows XP is generally unavailable on
the new computers and I simply do not wish to spend the time to learn a new
set of menus in Word / Office 2007.

As a general gripe, the biggest benefit of Windows over the years is that
the menus were always similar between Windows versions and most of the
programs that ran on Windows. Re-arranging the entire menu structure for no
reason seems more like a move to discourage upgrades rather than promote them.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JGreg7 JGreg7 is offline

Thank you both for your responses, that helps a great deal.
--
Thank you,
John Gregory

wrote:

Can anyone tell me if Word / Office 2003 works reliably and stably in Windows
7?

It is time for a new computer, and Windows XP is generally unavailable on
the new computers and I simply do not wish to spend the time to learn a new
set of menus in Word / Office 2007.

As a general gripe, the biggest benefit of Windows over the years is that
the menus were always similar between Windows versions and most of the
programs that ran on Windows. Re-arranging the entire menu structure for no
reason seems more like a move to discourage upgrades rather than promote them.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JessicaD42 JessicaD42 is offline

JGreg7,

Office 2003 is compatible with Windows 7. To receive additional answers
to compatibility questions, please refer to the Microsoft Windows
Compatibility center available he http://bit.ly/1gW6Ns

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

--