Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bizman Bizman is offline

Default normal.dot won't change

I followed the help instructions and changed my normal.dot -- just the font.
When I open a new document the old font is still there. I have searched my
computer to see if there is a normal.dot file somewhere else, but got no
results. I cannot get the program to accept my new normal.dot

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mareke mareke is offline

"Bizman" wrote in message
I followed the help instructions and changed my normal.dot -- just the

font.
When I open a new document the old font is still there. I have searched my
computer to see if there is a normal.dot file somewhere else, but got no
results. I cannot get the program to accept my new normal.dot

I too had the same problem and spent a lot of time trying to fix the problem
without success until I came to this forum and found the suggestion about
editing the registry. It worked. Thanks. I haven't updated Adobe Acrobat 7.0
so I presume the updates to Adobe also fixes the problem which should never
have occured in the first place.