Patrick

Default Problem with the equation editor!

Dear Sir/Madam,
Can I underline a equation or text when using the equation editor just
like ordinary typing? I can't find the way. Thanks.
Patrick
Jen 'n Friends

Type your equation in equation editor, then exit out of equation editor.
Select the typed equation by clicking on it, then hit the underline button.
Your equation will be underlined.

"Patrick" wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,
Can I underline a equation or text when using the equation editor just
like ordinary typing? I can't find the way. Thanks.
Patrick

Patrick

Dear Jen 'n Friends,
Thanks for your advice but if I do so the underline and the equation has a
space in between. Can I remove the space? Thanks.
Patrick

"Jen 'n Friends" 來函:

"Patrick" wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,
Can I underline a equation or text when using the equation editor just
like ordinary typing? I can't find the way. Thanks.
Patrick

Patrick

Dear Bob,
Thanks for your suggestion but the problem is that I search on the web for
the symbol of exclusive disjunction (xor) and see that the symbol is in
underlined MS Mincho font. The underline just touch the vertex of the (or)
symbol. I want to do so in the equation editor but can't find the way. Thanks.
Patrick

"Bob Mathews" 來函:

On 28-Mar-2005, wrote:

Can I underline a equation or text when using the equation
editor just like ordinary typing? I can't find the way.

Patrick, there is an Underbar template located on the second row
of buttons (i.e., the template palette row), sixth from the left
(between the integral templates and the labeled arrow templates).
Once you click that palette, you'll see the underbar. It's the
first one in the second row of templates. Click the underbar
before you type the equation, and your entire equation will be
underlined. If there is part of your equation you don't want
underlined, just press the Tab key to get out of the underbar
template, then continue typing in Equation Editor.
--
Bob Mathews

Director of Training 830-990-9699
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide